From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

greater than function not sourcing bool?

HI, I have the following.

Boolean.JPG

Whenever I try to connect the 'Greater than' output to the AND function I keep getting a connection error "Dynamic type not Bool" well something like that. If this is the case how come I was allowed to connect the 'Less than' function to the AND?

Message 1 of 19
(3,243 Views)

Wow this is some new thing, I am also seeing the same in 8.6 version, Lesser than VI outputs dynamic data but not greater than VI. Nice question.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,231 Views)

Interesting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,221 Views)

Both output dynamic data but only one input of the AND can be dynamic. More evidence to avoid the (evil) dynamic data type. The input to the greater than/less than functions should be converted to a scalar or 1D data - whatever it actually is.

Message 4 of 19
(3,219 Views)

I don't use dynamic data either, but in your case you could use the limit testing express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,211 Views)

Hi, I have looked in the help file to convert from dynamic and it tells me to look in the 'Express palette' but the vi isnt anywhere to be found?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,202 Views)

@Bwts wrote:

Hi, I have looked in the help file to convert from dynamic and it tells me to look in the 'Express palette' but the vi isnt anywhere to be found?

It is under "express.signal manipulation". Look for "from DDT". 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,198 Views)

Thanks but I'm more confused now.Smiley Sad

I would like the output of the conditional block to give a Bool. So if the input signal is between two levels then I just get a 1??? (like every other computer programming langauge)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,193 Views)

if (x>a) AND (x<b) then TRUE

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,191 Views)

• You can first convert the original data to an array and then do the comparison (e.g. using in "range and coerce")
  • or you can say that you want a boolean output in the "From DDT" dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,188 Views)