LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph hardware data vs time

Hey all,

I am trying to take inputs from hardware (Lakeshore 336 and a MCC PMD-1208LS if it matters...) and graph them in real time. I am having trouble getting the waveform chart I am currently using to show the data at the correct time, and cannot simply modify the delta_t or offset because sometimes the calculation takes longer than other iterations. What I WANT to do is take a timestamp on the X-axis and my data for each input on the Y, and plot those, but I am having an incredibly hard time making that happen. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I have basically no labview experience prior to this project, but still have deadlines. (The sooner we can monitor our system, the sooner we can put it in action, so sooner the better...)

Thanks, and I apologize if this is too simple a question - I've tried searching around a bit but nothing has been what I've needed as I understand. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,250 Views)

As you have discovered you can't use a chart. You will have to use an XY graph to display the data you have. This on the whole isn't incredibly difficult. The tricky part is that you will need to create code that does the buffering so your XY graph will look like a scrolling chart. How much LV experience total do you have? Have you taken any courses - even the online tutorials?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,239 Views)

I have taken an Intro to labview class, an intro to FGPA, and looked at a few online tutorials. I've been working with labview for about a month now...Not especially great, I understand, but if you point me in the right direction, I can go through whatever tutorials I need to. This won't be my only Labview task it appears, so the more I learn the better. My guess is I need to create an array, with it moving the elements up one index every iteration while putting the newest data at the bottom, and then feed that into the XY Graph? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,227 Views)

(accidental doublepost) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,227 Views)

Can you post what you have so far so that we can see what you are up to?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,223 Views)
You got it. To simplify things use the XY plot data type consisting of an array of individual datapoints.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,221 Views)