LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph cursors update late

In case something comes to mind let me know. Currently to solve the problem I'm having to popup the front panel from teststand (very inconvenient). I even tried putting the code in a for loop and running it twice, but it was no help. Again the problem is that the cursors don't update their positions on the first call from teststand, the plot itself is fine.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,624 Views)
It seems as though since the cursors are a property of the front panel display, it might not be possible to update their positions without first opening the front panel. Were you able to successfully do this with a simpler vi?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,601 Views)

Hi Everyone!

I have the same problem as the original poster 3y ago.

abstract:

- I have a VI with a xy-graph. I run it, add a signal and I change its scaling by hand.

- Whit the click of a button I run a subVI that includes a nicer, cleaner graph and I copy all the properties of the mainVI graph to the subVI graph via property nodes.

- then I export the subVIs graph as image via the appropriate node.

=> The graph on the image is autoscaled. Setting the propery nodes (eg. x0=t and not x0=0) does not apply.

When I run the subVI alone it does work and all properties are set as I wanted it.

Of course I tried the following:

- Everything is (virtually) deterministic, all in sequence ect.

- I disabled autoscaling

- I tried to set a wait before the image export but waiting 50years doesen't change a thing.

- I tried to set the scaling property and run a loop that checks if the desired scaling and the actual scaling is equal. It never is.

And it gets worse...

When I show the subVI as front window during it's run everything worked. With LV 8.6.1. With LV2009 even that does not work anymore.

So my question is:

How can I check if or force a graph to update? 

Or does anybody know how LV2009 really handels it's graphs?

Any help is very welcome, I'm very stuck here!

Thanks, Christian

SubVI that does not update

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,441 Views)

I still found no solution, so again I have to ask: 

How can I  force a graph to update in LV2009? 

Or does anybody know how LV2009 handels its graph updates?

Greets Christian

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,412 Views)
Can you attach some simple code the demonstrates the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,405 Views)

Hmm, yes simplifiing is always a good idea.

Well, and I kinda found what caused this behavior.

I have used the "Property Saver" Toolkit from http://www.kshif.com/lv/index.html

After setting my xy-Graph properties with this toolkit, the problem occurres.

I attached sample code that shows the faulty behavior. (you need PropSaver to run it)

Yet I'm not quite sure if it is my fault or if the toolkit does not work properly here?

(Should I ask the author about it???)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,397 Views)

Oh, yes, if you run the examle above change the X-Axis scaling to see that the resulting picture does not apply your changes!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,388 Views)

Please forget my posts and read here (Subject changed)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=478689

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,380 Views)