From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph - How to capture data from start to end

Hi

I autoscaled x axis and it works for some time (that is, start time is constant, (that is, graph is not moving)). But after some time (say half an hour), when I see the chart, the start time keeps changing. I won't be able to figure out when my VI actually started by seeing the graph. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(912 Views)

Hi kdm,

are you still using charts or do you use graphs? I told you before to use proper LabVIEW wording!

In case you still use a chart: it only maintains a limited history…

There are reasons why I suggested to use graphs!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(908 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Sorry for the wordings. I use charts.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(905 Views)

Hi kdm,

use GRAPHs instead of CHARTs! (As I told you one week ago…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(903 Views)

For clarity's sake:

The LabVIEW charts operate like strip charts.  If you've ever seen a real strip chart, you'd know exactly why your graph is "moving".  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(891 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi kdm,

so you really use CHARTS. Please use correct LabVIEW wording as there are huge differences between CHARTs and GRAPHs!

As said before: use graphs instead of charts. They offer much more abilities with the minor overhead of having to collect the data in your own array…

Open the example finder, there is an example demonstrating how to use charts AND graphs!

When you say that charts are better and offer more ablities, is there a way to have the stack plots feature on a graph? that is really the only draw for me to use charts, but i would much rather use the options that a graph provides (like cursor control and marking)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(892 Views)

Hi Gerd,

New problem! Whether I use a chart or a graph, I am not able to set the system time onto it (Even when I select system time format through the properties). I have averaged the waveform output and this averaged value is connected to a chart (or a graph).

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(875 Views)

Hi kdm,

as usual: mind to put attach VI (or a simplified example VI)?

LV2011 preferred…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(871 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I have attached a simplified vi.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(867 Views)

Hi kdm,

what time information do you want to display on your x axis when you read 250 samples per DAQmxRead and then calculate the mean of all those samples?

Why don't you display all samples in your chart? (Why do you still use a chart instead of a graph?)

Use waveforms as they already contain time information! See attachment…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(859 Views)