From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error code -1967353908 when trying to read a modbus address

I'm using the Modbus I/O server in LabVIEW 2010 to communicate with a Kohler generator.  A vendor was able to supply with the the Modbus address mapping so that I'd know what addresses correspond to what IO points.  One of the addresses is 40126 which I create in the Modbus I/O server as 400126 since it requires six digit addressing.  Well, that worked but only temporarily.  Not too long after I begin trying to make sense of the values read, the shared variable begins showing error -1967353908.  The description for this error is "The specified data item address is not an allowable address for the Modbus slave device. Refer to the documentation of the Modbus slave device for information about supported addresses."

What I don't understand is why it works one minute and stops working the next.  Also, I know that the Modbus server itself is not erroring b/c in my VI there are other boolean bit addresses that continue to report good data.  Can anyone assist in helping me figure this one out?  Thanks.

Ryan R. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,101 Views)