LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting data from optical spectrum analyzer when temperature value stays within 1 degree stability range

Hello everyone,
I am trying to evaluate a temperature sensor.To do that I have to monitor thermocouple readings.Thermocouple is connected to FP-TC-120 temperature module. Besides, I have to acquire data from an optical spectrum analyzer. I am using 3650.VI to monitor the temperature and 86140B Trace_Screen Capture(2).llb o trace the data from the OSA. The problem is, I want to combine these two under same VI and automate the process. I want the program to automatically trace data when the thermocouple reading reach to a stable value,say for 10 minutes. How can I combine these two programs? Which of the VIs should I define as a sub VI? Which VI should I use to jump from one to another. Should I try master slave configuration? If I define Write to Trace File.VI as a sub VI, what should be the inputs for that VI? 

Thanks
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,551 Views)

My suggestion would be to have a VI that calls the 3650.vi inside a loop until the appropriate amount of time passes and then captures the trace from the OSA.

I would not try to modify either of the two VI's.

Sound good or do you need more help?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,540 Views)

Thanks for the reply,

The problem is I do not know how to call a VI to use it in another VI. Besides, I want 3650.vi to run continuously.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,524 Views)
That makes no sense. You already have a loop where the 3650 is running continuously and you have a look that that has a couple of subVIs (i.e. fp Advise). Add some code to check for stability and place your top level 86140 VI in a case statement that gets run when your stability requirement is met.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Seems to me you would want to go over some of the basic tutorials.  If you don't, you're going to find it increasingly difficult to get what you need.

My original suggestion stands -- you would only stop taking data when the spectrum analyzer is acquiring data.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,516 Views)