LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get list of vi's from lvproj

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for a way to get a list of the vis used within the lvproj file. Is this possible?? I have functionality to obtain the vi calls made by a given vi but need to further filter based only on the vi's used in a project.

Currently I am forced to look through all of my vis when all I care about are the ones referenced by a project.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,398 Views)

LabView can return the VIs that are in memory...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thundergod

You can do this by recursing through the children of the project. Attached is a VI (LabVIEW 8.2) that I had written to compare a project to a file directory to see what files were missing from the project. You'd obviously only need the top hald.

Do with it as you wish. Just don't try to sell it as your own. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
(3,384 Views)

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,374 Views)

A lvproj file is essentially an HTML file. Read the xxx.lvproj with Read Text File VIs.

Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,372 Views)

It's actually an XML file. That would also work. You can read the text file as lines, and then feed the array of lines into a loop. For each line see if the tag starts with "<Item Name" and it has Type="VI". The downside is that the URL given is relative to the folder, so if you actually wanted the full path you'd have to keep track of that as you parse the lines. Doable, but I'm not sure it's any easier than what I did.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,363 Views)