LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get a ring menu to have drop down as well as manual input

Right now My program allows the user to make a selection with a ring menu or manual type in a selection and then set it. This unfotunately creates 2 serperate inputs. Is there a way to customise the ring menu to have a button on the left for drop down and if the actual text area is clicked on then text can be typed in? And since the ring has preset values I would need to have any manual input to default to the closest selectable value.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,388 Views)
Look at Alberto's VI on the attached link. From what I see, what he posted recently for another like question appears to fit you're need. If anything, it should give you some ideas.

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=50650000000800000058200000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0

Good Luck with it,
Doug
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,388 Views)
Thanks for you help. I have actually looked at this VI and it had given me ideas but doesnt quite give me what i need. I currently have something similar to this now. I am playing with a very simple solution currently where I am putting the text input box over the menu to appear as one input to the user on the GUI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,388 Views)
Since you only want 1 result to matter of the two inputs (ring and string), you could consider a compare function that checks the string box, and as long as it is not empty [""] (meaning data has been entered), then disable (with property node) the ring elements so no output (or a known output...0) from the ring will occur. You'll then need another function to reset all that later on. I'll admit though, this is not the greatest approach, but one to look at.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,388 Views)