From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geometric shape tracking

Hi I'm working on a project to track 4 geometric shapes i have done the circle but i don't know how to do the other shapes in a way that every shape has it's own button and when i click on it it will start tracking a specific shape of them pls can you help me Smiley Sad btw i'm new to labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,616 Views)

How new?  Is this (one of) your first LabVIEW Projects?  Do you have a lot of experience (including Image Processing) in other computer languages (like Matlab or C++ or others) and just know "how do I do what I already know how to do, but in LabVIEW"?

If you are a relative beginning (to LabVIEW and to Image Processing), you really need to learn to Walk before you try Running a Marathon.  In particular, the LabVIEW Image Processing functions are (regretably) not as well documented, with fewer useful examples, than "basic" LabVIEW and DAQmx.

You are also new to the Forum.  While it definitely is a good idea to post your code, it is much more helpful (to us) if we can immediately execute it to see how it works.  You attached a picture of your Block Diagram -- did you want us to try to duplicate your code ourselves?  Probably not -- you probably meant to attach your VI, itself.  Note that if you have multiple VIs that we need to see, you can compress the folder that contains them and attach the resulting .ZIP file.

When dealing with Image Processing, it is, again, helpful to us to see a "typical Image" so we have a better idea of what it is you are trying to do.  Note that automatically finding and sorting out images is not "beginner stuff", and will probably need more advanced tools than the Express VIs, like Vision Assistant, that are meant to "get you started".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,590 Views)

I would agree with Bob. Pattern matching is fairly complex. Since you have that example working, you should modifty that to find the other shapes that you want. Conceptually, you will need to change the template that you are searching based on the shape that you want. You can train different templates for each shape, have some sort of case structure to the select the template based on user input and input the desired template into the match function. Below are a couple links with examples. Hope this helps!

Object Tracking

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-23399

Use Vision Assistant to Find Matched Patterns

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32828

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,528 Views)