LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate sound vi doesn't run on my PC

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to run the example vi generate sound.vi on a Dell, Windows 7. DirectxV11 is installed. I get Error 4800 occured at Sound Output Configure.vi -> generate sound.vi.  Possible reasons: Labview (Hex 0x12C0) Selected device is invalid. I tried selecting devices 0 through 10 but all gave the same error. I can hear sound just fine from uTube videos. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,016 Views)

Did you try Play sound file.vi? 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,011 Views)

Alas, yes. Same error.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,998 Views)
Try to play the windows default sound file from c:\windows\media. If you want more you may have to use the ActiveX method an play files through WMP or other players.
-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,993 Views)

P@Anand,

Thanks for the suggestion. On more careful examination I discovered I had a bad file name so, per your suggestion, I modified the vi so I had a path: C:\windows\media and a file notiify.wav. Probing the input to the Build Path Function I had a valid path of C:\Windows\media\notify.wav. But still have the same error. Tis a little discouraging. Philosophically speaking, it should be easy.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,974 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danl_B

Did you get the error when you execute "Play sound file.vi" or insdie the loop? I executed the same VI in my code and I don't have any problem. Can you try the same code in any other PC?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,960 Views)

The error was generated by the play sound file vi before entering the play sound file loop. I have other pcs though the ones with LabView are all the same model. I will try a different one of them tomorrow. If the problem repeats I'll load LabView on another machine (or two) of different make/model. Having seen other instances in the forum where people had similar difficulties I am also suspecting it is a hardware problem.

For some background, with help from the forum I built a sinewave synthesizer which works reasonably well on my mac (it is my lug around laptop). I wanted to port it to the pc as that is what we use in our labs. I received the same error as the simpler generate sound vi so went to testing the simpler generate sound vi to make sure there wasn't something strange in the synthesis vi. It would be a cruel twist of fate to find the problem is more complicated on a pc. Tomorrow will tell.

It's been a while since I've done any significant coding with LabView. Your assistance is truly appreciated.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,955 Views)

I installed LabView and ran the vi on a different machine and it ran like a champ. So all is well. Thank you for pointing me in the hardware direction.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,923 Views)