cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate signal f=50 Hz with NI-9264

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. i'm Sorin.

I need to generate a sine waveform with f=50 Hz, U=3Vrms. I have a C module, NI-9264. Is it any good ? Or it can only generates Vcc ?

I only have C modules: AI for RTD, V,mA, universal,  and AO for V and mA.

What can i use? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,972 Views)
After reading the specs, what questions do you still have?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,965 Views)

well, i still have.

it's the first time i use AO modules. Specs said +/- 10 V. but it didn't said what kind of voltage is out. I SUPPOSE is Vdc. That's the first one.

And the second question is, can I output 50 Hz somehow, with a trick, even if you say that the module outputs only Vdc ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dsasorin
It DOES say it outputs up to 25 ks/sec (25000 samples per second). That is more than enough for 50 hz.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,950 Views)

Of course it's more than enough 25000 samples for 50 Hz. (500 samples per period). I think the fact that it outputs 25000 samples per second has nothing to do with output waveform. I read the specs before i use the module and i was in dilema on this. Maybe it was better to use the module and see what it can first, than read the specs. Smiley Happy Just kidding. But the fact is that i didn't use the module till now, i wanted to be sure regarding waveform before i begin.

So you say it will work. that's great. Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,941 Views)
The number of samples per second has everything to do with the type of waveform you can output.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,914 Views)