LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gemini pc 2

Is there anyone who knows if there is an existing labview program to control an Imed, Gemini_PC-2 pump.
I have one and need to change flowrate from two different sources in order to control final temperatue of the mixed fluid.

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,470 Views)
Hi Dave,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments.  I did some looking on our instrument driver network, and I was unable to find any drivers for a Gemini Pump.  I also did some checking on the internet, but I was unable to locate anything there as well.

How do you have the pump connected to your computer?  It is possible to create your own drivers if one does not currently exist. 

Regards,

Kevin H
National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,453 Views)

Hey, Kevin

Thanks for replying. As far as connection goes, there is a RS-232 port on the pump which allows connection to the pc.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)
Hi Dave,

If the pump is hooked up via serial, then you should be able to issue serial commands to the device.  The appropriate serial commands are most likely located in your device manual.  Once you obtain those commands, I would suggest taking a look at our basic serial read/write example, which can be found in the NI Example Finder.  That should provide a good base for you to start from.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kevin H
National Instruments
WSN/Wireless DAQ Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,431 Views)