LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gathering data inbetween loops

Hi,

I am working on a project that requires me to control a series of switches. And in between a the switching, i am supose to gather data for a certain signal. As the figure shown below, I need to use DAQ assistance to collect data at the start of the second loops, but this set up isnt working. I am a novice at this, if anyone got any advices, I am all ears.

Thanks

loops.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)

Data Flow!  I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

The DAQ assistant case structure doesn't run until the 2nd while loop stops executing.  Then a single boolean value is passed to start the case structure.  If it is False, then the DAQ assistant will run.  How much data it will collect is unknown because it is dependent on the settings you have in that DAQ assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,158 Views)

The problem is the DAQ assistant in your bottom loop. It contains all the DAQ configuration stuff, so it won't run deterministic. Depending on the timing required, you might be happy with just 'inflating' the assistant. If closer timing is required, you can rout the digital signal (if it is on a pfi terminal) to the aquistion trigger.

Anyhow, get rid of the DAQ assistant Express Vi thing...

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,144 Views)