From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gated DAQ

Dear all,
I have a TTL-Pulse that indicates that the voltage on my analog input channels are valid signals.
I like to configure my PCI-6024E DAQ-Board in the way that it only aquires Data when the TTL-Signal is high!
Because I can't filter the signals in the PC because of the great amount of pulses (app. 500-3000) per second. LabVIEW is too slow for this.
My questions are:
1.) Is the PCI-6024E even capable of this or do I need a more advanced DAQ-Board (which one?)?
2.) Is there a possiblity in LabVIEW to filter approximately 200000 datapoints per second without overrun of the PCI-6024E-Buffer ?

Thanks for your help in advance !!

Stephan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,320 Views)
Hi Stehpan,

Re-posting this Q to the DAQ discusion forum will get you more ideas.

If you acquire your gating signal along with the other data you could toss any readings where the gate is not high. LV can handle the throughput OK if the code is written correctly.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,320 Views)
Hi Ben,

thank you for your answer!
You wrote: "LV can handle the throughput OK if the code is written correctly."
I'm new to LV and I must confess that I do not understand what you mean.
What means OK and "written correctly" ?

Thank for your suggestions to post this question to DAQ-Forum also. I have done that already, because I search for solutions on the side of hard- and software!

Yours sincerely....

Stephan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,320 Views)
"Written correctly"

All performance related issues are accounted for.

Extensive use of "in-placeness".
Use best performing native functions etc.

Many of these questions are covered in the LV advanced course.

If you are going to do the check in software, write a benchmark routine that tests just how long it takes to do what you are trying. Once you get the rigth code assembled, then integrate into your app.

Keep asking, we'll keep answering.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,320 Views)