LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galvano mirrors

Hello.

I would like to post a question about the scanning mirrors. I would like to be able to click on the camera image and by clicking to move the laser spot to the place where I clicked. I guess its a bit complicated. I move the laser spot by controlling galvano-mirrors in x, y direction. So, could anyone help from where to start thinking how to solve the problem? Should I connect the pixels of the image with the angles of the mirror movement? I hope I was clear as this all is not really clear to me... Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,333 Views)

Needed vis(functions, to be programmed):

-Get_Click_coordinates in the picture xp , yp

-set galvano ugx , ugy

-calibration routine for the corners (upper,lower,left,rigth) , set the galvano manually coarsly into two diagonal corners (ul,lr or ll,ur) and store the ugx and ugy values together with the xp and yp values .. assuming linearity* the rest is simple rule of three.

(* linearity is better replaced by ideal setup...usually camera and galvanos (each axis)  have different positions and the surface is not flat, so some more math is involved, but your basic question leads to a basic answer 😉 )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,292 Views)

It would be easier to start by getting the galvo to put the laser spot where you click the mouse on the live image!.

As you need to map the two coordinate systems...only in reverse.

It's totally possible, not impossible, not easy...but if you use the camera feedback, you can map the two systems at once.

Regards

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,125 Views)