LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functionality of application for CLD test

Does the vi have to do most of the things required to pass the test. If most of the individual modules are working but application as a whole is not complete. Do we get many points deducted?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,373 Views)
It depends on how much functionality is missing. If you are only missing one or two minor requirements it probably won't hurt you that much. If you are missing significant portions it may hurt you quite a bit.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,347 Views)

0-10 pts for documentation

0-15 pts for style

0-15 pts for functionality

you need 30 pts to pass.  part of style is selecting an appropriate architecture, meaning one that will achieve the software requirements (to wit: "Meets functionality and can be coded in about 4 hours" is the software spec you will get on exam day )

Good Luck

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,332 Views)

there is a very good architecture NI teaches in Core 3 and that is based on designing modules and incorporating out in your producer/consumer (multi-while loop) architecture. Now having the modules independently working is one thing and incorporating in the main vi is obviously a step ahead.

Do we get points for individual modules working as functionality points even when they dont respond in main architecture perhaps because the rest of the architecture is not complete?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,329 Views)

I'm not one of the two reviewers you would get.  If I were I would probably want to evaluate based on the whole project being in front of me and determine if the approach made sense and could have met the requirements - then ding you a few points for funcionallity and comment what and why I deducted the points (and then work it out with the co-reviewer and generate a final grade and feedback)

Yup a non answer.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,311 Views)
At the end of the exam your application should be pretty complete. If I were a reviewer and I had lots of little pieces that may work on their own but nothing was tied together to complete the requirements you were given I wouldn't score your solution very well. The exam is not intended to be easy but it is also not designed to be impossible. You should be able to get a working solution in the time allotted. That is the purpose of the exam. If you find yourself struggling to get basically a complete solution in the 4 hour time limit perhaps you should spend a little more time preparing for the exam before you take it.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,293 Views)