From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function to generate cosine and sine in FXP in Labview FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

FXP library.JPG

Dear Enzo,

I followed your instructions, installing with "setup.exe" in the unzipped directory in the location you mention.

I see now the palette from the block diagram, but no vi of the library yet , as in the attached figure.

Should I run also the other exe in the directories , like"WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe"?

Max

@enpe wrote:

you have to download  .zip file that you want to unzip and place in the following location: 

--> C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\Targets\NI\FPGA\menus\FPGACategories 

you can proceed with the installer. After you should be like this: 

--> C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\Targets\NI\FPGA\menus\FPGACategories\Fixed-Point Math\ 

Containing the following .mnu files: 

--> Dir.mnu

--> BasicElem.mnu 

And so you should find the fixed-point library  in the palette.

Regards,

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(569 Views)

But are there the .mnu files in the created folder?

Regards,

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author max_tomatis

Do you have any newer versions of LabVIEW installed on this machine?  By default, the installer will install to the latest version of LabVIEW.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(562 Views)

Thank you Donovan, I have uninstalled Labview 2010 and then installed the FXP library Labview 8.6,

now everything works fine.

Max

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(554 Views)