LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function to generate cosine and sine in FXP in Labview FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all, reading a FPGA vi in Labview 8.6 I have found a function to generate cosine and sine in FXP in Labview FPGA,

but I could not understand whether it is a built in function or a subvi.

I attach the icon and explanation .

Does anybody know whether it is a built in function or a vi.

regards

Max

FXP sin cos.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,721 Views)

Dear Max Tomatis,

"To generate cosine and sine in FXP in Labview FPGA" it is a built in function.

Best Regards,

Enzo Perini

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,683 Views)

Dear Enzo,

you are right, there is a built in function to generate Sin in Labview 8.6,

but it is not the same icon as the one  that I have reported in my post.

Do you know if it is possible to find function with the same icon?

Regards

Max

@enpe wrote:

Dear Max Tomatis,

"To generate cosine and sine in FXP in Labview FPGA" it is a built in function.

Best Regards,

Enzo Perini

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,675 Views)

Dear Max Tomatis,

I'm sorry but that icon does not exist anymoreyou can not retrieve it.

Regards

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,666 Views)

This function is part of the Fixed-Point Math Library from NI Labs.  Beginning with LabVIEW FPGA 2009, it has been integrated into the product, but in versions 8.5 and 8.6, you must download the library and install it into your LabVIEW installation.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,652 Views)

@Donovan B wrote:

This function is part of the Fixed-Point Math Library from NI Labs.  Beginning with LabVIEW FPGA 2009, it has been integrated into the product, but in versions 8.5 and 8.6, you must download the library and install it into your LabVIEW installation.

Thank you Donovan, I am going to install it ...

Max

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,648 Views)
I have installed the Fixed-Point library through the setup.exe but I cannot find it from the FPGA block diagram.
Please, could anyone explain me where I could find it from the FPGA block diagram?
Regards
Max

@Donovan B wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,627 Views)

If you don't see the "FPGA interface" like option in the function palette of block diagram you can see in "user library" option. 

Regards,

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,623 Views)
Hi Enzo, sorry but I do not see the reference to this library. Should I go through the directory tree  or import it from somewhere else?
Thanks
Max

@enpe wrote:

If you don't see the "FPGA interface" like option in the function palette of block diagram you can see in "user library" option. 

Regards,

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,619 Views)

you have to download  .zip file that you want to unzip and place in the following location: 

--> C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\Targets\NI\FPGA\menus\FPGACategories 

you can proceed with the installer. After you should be like this: 

--> C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\Targets\NI\FPGA\menus\FPGACategories\Fixed-Point Math\ 

Containing the following .mnu files: 

--> Dir.mnu

--> BasicElem.mnu 

And so you should find the fixed-point library  in the palette.

Regards,

Enzo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,612 Views)