From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fullscreen

Hello everyone,

I am trying to display a graph full-screen. In this graph, visual images also have to be displayed. Therefore, I am using a Picture indicator.
To get a full-screen image, I am using the Display: Primary Workspace property to set the bounds for the VI, which is working fine.
This property is also used to set the picture's DrawAreaSize.

My problem: How do I put the picture in the top-left corner? I want to take into account that users may scroll through the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,771 Views)
You can use the various settings in File>>VI Properties>>Window Appearance and VI Properties>>Window Size to make the window fill the screen entirely and to get rid of the scrollbar. To control the position of the indicator you can use its Position property and you can get the top left visible corner by using the VI class property Front Panel>>Origin. Personally I prefer setting the origin to (0,0) when the program starts running and having my controls in static positions.

(2,763 Views)
I always like to set the origin to 0,0 as well and build my FP from there.  This means that I have to always add the code to reset the origin (prop node of the vi) to 0,0.  Why is this not a automat setting under the vi properties->window size window?  I hade to bulk up my code unnecessarily. I am using 7.0 has this been changed in the more recent releases?
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,748 Views)

LabVIEW 8.x has a VI property called Window Run-Time Position, which defaults to Unchanged, but allows "centered", "max'd","min'd" and "custom". It also allows monitor selection on multi-monitors, panel size selection, and custom position, all in the "VI properties" setup screen. So it looks like your code can slim down for summer (unless of course you are in the Southern Hemisphere).

Message Edited by LV_Pro on 05-24-2006 10:01 AM

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,733 Views)
good to know! thanks.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5