From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel window:open ? property

can any one clearly explain about the use of front panel window property . i am not able to get with the examples given in ni . if possible explain with help of example please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,698 Views)

It refers to the overall window, which includes the title bar, scroll bars, grow corner, etc. Have you looked at the available properties:

The LabVIEW Help provides information on each of these. If you have the Context Help Window open you will see a brief explanation of the property as you move the mouse over each one. You can then click on the Detailed Help link to bring up the Help.

So, for example, you can change the title in the title bar:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,695 Views)

I am attaching an example that would definately help(it includfes both property and invoke nodes)
Vinayak Singh
Application Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,671 Views)

I am not able to get clear with this example can you show with help of simple case structure please .

I am getting totally confused

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,646 Views)

Hello Vinayak Singh thanks for your information but

I am not able to get clear with this example can you show with help of simple case structure please .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,644 Views)

Look at it this way: you can perform many actions upon the front panel like resizing it, changing it's color etc. When a user wants to make these changes programmetically (using a code, say as a part of a game being designed using Lab VIEW) rather than manually, he would use these front panel properties.I have attached a vi where user can select the color of the front panel from the color box and the programme would change the color.
DO NOT PANIC. Understand it step by step and see how we progress in the heirarchy vi--> fp---> fp color (Do not worry about the error clusters that much, they are for creating a sequence)
Vinayak Singh 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,635 Views)

@9703282993 wrote:

Hello Vinayak Singh thanks for your information but

What does a case structure have to do with this? And does this have anything to do with your other question about a case structure, which is also not clear.

You need to understand something: if you want help you need to clearly explain what you're having problems with, and what you are trying to do. We are not mind readers. If you are having problems explaining it, then mock up something as an example of what you are trying to accomplish.

Aside: Do not create Greedy Loops as in vinayak's example.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,623 Views)