From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel sizing not working

I have a problem following an upgrade from LV 2011 to LV 2013. 

Many of my VIs in my project are set to hide menubar and toolbar in VI settings as well as setting the size and position of the front panel. Following updating VIs to LV2013, their size isn't right upon runnig the VI.

Upon running, the VI front panel come up to the size of the panel plus the size of the menubar and toolbar, but neither of them actually show up, rather where they would be is transparent to whatever is behind that window or it still appears as the toolbar, but it's really not there in function despite it still showing on the screen (can't click on it and have it do anything). This is the same for VIs with or without title bars.

I've discovered two workarounds:

(1) in VIs where I have it set to allow window resizing, I can simply resize the window, and all the garbage space on top (between panel and title bar) goes away and then everything works/looks fine.

(2) upon VI launch I read via a property node the front panel bounds, then immediately write that back into that same property. 

I really don't want to have to do #2 and write code into dozens of VIs, but rather understand the problem and solve it in a better way. 

Any thoughts about how I might approach this problem in another way?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,543 Views)

Hve you tried setting the resizing the window when VI runs from VI properties option?

YOu can set it to "Maximized" so that when the VI runs , VI front panel appears in the maximized state.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,512 Views)

This sounds a lot like a bug that happens when you set the panel size to something that is less than or equal to the "minimum panel size".  The minimum panel size is a VI property you can get to in the VI Settings.  Try setting those to (0,0).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,492 Views)