From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front panel freezes after menu selection

I have a VI with a custom Run Time menu. Everything works fine except when a menu item is selected, the front panel freezes. What's more odd is that the program continues to run like it is supposed to, but the front panal will not accept any input (buttons being pushed, other menu items being selected.) If I highlight execution on the block diagram, the program appears to be working just fine, even getting to the event structure and waiting for input. Anyone ever encountered this before? I have other programs that use this same method and work just fine. The only difference I can think that may have an influence is this VI has some Run Time properties edited programatically.

Here are a few pics, and if someone feels industrious, I will attach the VI's.

Most of the block diagram on "Menu Select" Event:

How I am programatically editing the Run Time Menu:

Run Time Menu in Menu Editor:

Note about the attached files:
There are two projects, TimeTaskServer.lvproj and TimeTask2.lvproj. The server has to be running for TimeTask2 to get past the login screen. Run TimeTaskServer.lvproj > TCPMaster.vi, then TimeTask2.lvproj > TimeTaskS.vi. You will have to change what address TimeTask2 looks for a connection on in the "Init TCP" case. The files are all created in LV 8.5.

Edit: Seems I can't add a ZIP file for some reason, it can be found here

Message Edited by StevenD on 06-02-2008 10:16 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,485 Views)

Figured it out.

Had another Event Case looking at the same Run Time Menu, but since that case was not being executed LabVIEW was reading the Menu Select as unfinished.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,470 Views)
Hi StevenD,
if you remove all menu events from the second event structure in your "Handle Error" case then it works.
Hope it helps.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,469 Views)