LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from where can i donwload labview for Ubuntu 10.04

Hi!

Sorry, i feel myself really stupid, but i don't find a page, from where i can download Labview for Linux...

Can anybody write a link here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(15,259 Views)

Koli,

LabVIEW is no freeware so you will not find any licenced downloadable version of it. Well, if you find one (and it is working), you are breaking the licence agreement for this product (software piracy).

That being said, i have one additional bad news for you:

Ubuntu is not an officially supported Linux-distribution for LabVIEW. So if you purchase LabVIEW for Linux (supported distributions are SUSE and Red Hat) and run into issues, you might get stuck there (maybe getting help from the community).

But now some good news: I know people, who made LabVIEW work on Ubuntu without significant issues. But i don't know, how difficult it was for them to get there. So maybe you can get help from those using this forum if (at all) you are running into an issue.

All in all, it is best for you to take a look into LV first of all. So you will be interested in downloading the LV for Linux Eval from this page.

You should also collect information about the different packages from LabVIEW.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(15,246 Views)

I know that its not free, i mean about an evaluation version... When go to the link, you write, i will arrive in this page:https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html , and here is no version for linux... Just windows, and Mac...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(15,226 Views)

It says "We also offer" and lists windows and mac. Did you click on the download button for the Linux version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(15,220 Views)

I don't found, what you mean...

So i have this site first.

Here i can click just LabVIEW Evaluation  (Download LabVIEW or request a LabVIEW evaluation DVD.)

Then i arrive here.

Here i can click on: 

Download LabVIEW (847 MB)  ->this take me here

1. Download the exercises
  2. Download LabVIEW -> this too...

In that site i can click in theStart Download (847 MB)

->then i can donwload a windows version (exe)

Or:

We also offer:

And these are not linux ones... 😞
So where i need to click?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(15,212 Views)

If that downloads a windows version, then the link is broken. NI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(15,202 Views)

You are correct.   Unfortunately, we do not currently offer an evaluation version of LabVIEW for Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(15,200 Views)

To add to Damiens reply:

I was indeed mislead by the information: Download the Linux Eval version. You are correct that the link there will result in Windows only downloads.

I suggest you to contact your local NI sales representative, he/she might get you an eval for Linux.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(15,182 Views)