From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

hi,

i am using a CRIO system with crio9004, crio9104 and ni9201 analog input. i have write the program code in "getting results with crio" -the fan control- but when i use a greater item then the fpga compiler gives an error.

what is the meaning of this error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(17,866 Views)

engt Hello! I hope you are well.

Providing some more information in regards to exactly what you are doing will be very helpful. For example:

1.) You are using a greater item. What exactly does this mean?
2.) The FPGA compiler gives an error. What error does the FPGA compiler give?
3.) Did you write this code yourself or are you trying to run an cRIO example?
4.) Lastly what are you trying to do? If you could explain the contents of your VI/application that will be very helpful.

Please respond with the answers to these questions. Thanks a lot.

Efosa O.
NI-AE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(17,840 Views)
i have started crio programming in last few days. i tried some basic things such that analog I/O, digital I/O, leds etc. when i constructed the VI in the document "Getting Results with LV and Crio" i used "greater?" and "less?" elements. i built a simple VI that reads analog input value of ni9201 channel 0 and compares the value with a constant. when i click on the run button the FPGA compile server gives an error about xilinx. the error is as follows:

#----------------------------------------------#
# Starting program map
# map -o toplevel_gen_map.ncd -intstyle xflow toplevel_gen.ngd toplevel_gen.pcf
#----------------------------------------------#
Using target part "2v3000fg676-4".
Mapping design into LUTs...
ERROR:MapLib:661 - LUT4 symbol "mytop/n_244191968/_n00031_SW1" (output
   signal=N465) has input signal "mytop/n_241102152/n_243593112/xgty<0>" which
   will be trimmed. See the trim report for details about why the input signal
   will become undriven.
Error found in mapping process, exiting...
Errors found during the mapping phase.  Please see map report file for more
details.  Output files will not be written.
Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors   :   1
Number of warnings :  18
ERROR:Xflow - Program map returned error code 2. Aborting flow execution...

i did not understand this message and search "MapLib:661" at google and found that this error is related to the xilinx chip.

we will use the system to measure RMS values of voltages and currents of a power system (between each zero-cross pairs) and calculated the active and reactive powers. also the cRIO will control the reactive power compensation system for power quality.

the VI and the compile server detail list are attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(17,832 Views)

engt Hi!

Thanks a lot for the code and error report. I have looked at your code and this error and found out it is pretty ambiguous. And your code is OK.

What version of LabVIEW do you have installed?
What version of NI-RIO do you have installed?
What version of LabVIEW FPGA do you have installed?

Please let me know. Another thing you can do is go to www.ni.com/support and generate a service request so that you will have the opportunity to speak with an engineer. However, if this works fine for you, you are definitely entitled to keep posting and we will get to the bottom of this issue.

Thank,
Efosa O.
NI-AE

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(17,755 Views)
Hi engt,

I guess you have already tried recompiling the VI and get the same compile error, right? If you haven't please try it.

There is one more thing I want to ask you to try if a simple recompile does not work. Not sure if this will solve the problem, but I think it is worth a try. Can you rename your VI and recompile it (please make sure that the first letters of its name change (E.g. criofpga.vi ---> testingcriofpga)? What that will do is force FPGA to generate intermediate files into a new folder, which could possibly prevent the error.

Please report back your findings. Thanks,

JMota
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(17,738 Views)
Hi Efosa,

Our software is LabVIEW 8.0, NI-RIO 2.0.1, LV FPGA 8.0 and the rio system is crio9004 + crio9104 + 4 x crio9201 + crio9425 + crio9476 + crio9474 + crio9265 (in slot order).
The problem is whenever I use a greater? or less? (or other comparision) the MapLib 661 error occurs. After a google search I found this page on xilinx web page http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_ans_display.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&getPagePath=20089&iLanguageID=1. I think I do every thing right but there is a bug in the FPGA chip or in the compile server. I have compiled the code a lot of times, I have changed the code and retried again but the result is always same. When there is a greater? element then MapLib give this error.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(17,715 Views)

engt how are you?

Thanks for the information you provided. I wrote a very simple application (essentially the same as yours) and ran it on our cRIO setup here with no problems.

I suggest you uninstalling and reinstalling your software (LabVIEW, FPGA, and NI-RIO) and reinstall in order: LabVIEW first, the FPGA module second, and the drivers third. I know this is not the most glamorous solution, but if it does not work, I will do my best to replicate the issue and report it to R&D. As of now, I cannot seem to, regardless of how many applications I compile.

Please let me know how this goes once you are done with this. I am eager to know the outcome. Thanks,

Efosa O.
NI-AE

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(17,673 Views)
I will reinstall win xp, LV 8.0, LV FPGA, NI-RIO and drivers again. If the error occurs again I'll write here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(17,666 Views)
I have reinstalled win xp sp2, labview 8.0, LV FPGA and NI-RIO again to the system and the error occured again. After this, my opininon for cRIO is not positive. it cannot compare two simple signals.

Now what is the problem with my cRIO and its FPGA? it cannot use comparision elements and what to do?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(17,660 Views)

engt Hello.

Since you still cannot get things to work after reinstallation, I am beginning to think there might be something wrong with your hardware. Please help answer the following questions so we can deduce exactly what might be going on.

1.) Are you able to compile code when you do not use the greater than or less than functions?
2.) Are you able to write code and compile using other modules as opposed to just the NI 9201?

I apologize for the inconvinience you are having using cRIO, but hopefully we will get this resolved as soon as possible.

Efosa O.
NI-AE

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(17,608 Views)