LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

Hi, everyone. 

I met this issue very often from LV 2012 to LV 2014 nowadays.

My system is Windows 10 (this issue occured in Windows 8 too) now, LabVIEW 2014, NI RIO 2015. 

I create a very simple FPGA VI to test this issue every time i install the new system or labview. A loop, an FPGA I/O node with one AI and one AO, a wait vi in msec mode, and an indicator linked to i. I saw this topic here today when i met this issue again. However, I tried a guess to solve this problem temporarily. When this issue occured, I opened the task manager to track the CPU useage. I found there were 2 processes running, i forgot its name, the 2 processes were the same program related to the FPGA translation. the CPU usage was about 66% all the time and each of them took half. I tried to terminate the compilation work. Closed labview and restart windows 10. Restart the system completed and opened the test project again, start compilation again, open the task management to track the processes and CPU. What i found was the traslation accomplished very soon and total procedure took only 06:47 but it took 1 hr until my termination. I found there was only one process when translating this time and the CPU useage never exceeded over 40%. 

Wish these infomations could do some helps.

Message 11 of 15
(663 Views)

My computer is T440P, i5-4200M, 16G RAM, 256G SSD.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(648 Views)

Your post had nothing to do with the original thread.  In the future, please make one of your own instead of bumping something irrelevant.

The Xilinx compiler never worked well on Windows 8.  They didn't support the OS and it's not listed as supported for the FPGA module.  There's been some talk of better success on Windows 10.  You're not exactly using ideal setups.

If you have the SSP, you can try the cloud compiler.  Is that something you can do?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(616 Views)

is this still a problem in labview 2014 Sp1?

I'm trying to compile simple test program for a crio 9075 and i am using a machine that had serveral labview-versions installed and had the same problem.

at some point in the compilation process, it hangs. i cancelled one compilation after almost 2 day, others at max. 2 hours. it always says translation failed in the Xilinx.log.

because this problem happenend, i deleted all NI-software and did a fresh install of LV2014. but it still happens.

i tried another machine with LV2015 installed (much lower hw-specs) and everything went fine, compilation took about 30 minutes.

now i am installing lv2014sp1 on a test computer to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(584 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I know it is an old thread. But I am facing a similar problem about the compilation after using a code which was created in LV2011. Now I'm using LV2014 and after a few modification on the source code, the compilation stuck at: Process "Translate" failed. However the compile server seems does nothing and starts two of the xst.exe (doesn't make any sense). After a few hours I gave up. By reading the whole thread here I have got an idea. It is a bit of work but might solve similar problems in the future (if anyone read this 😉 ). I have created a completely new Real-Time project in LV2014. I have copied a the RT Vis from the old project because it has nothing to do with the compilation process. As for the FPGA program I have opened the old one and select all of the block diagram components and by drag and drop I have copied into the freshly made project's VI. If your project is consist of multiple VIs do the same with them. Also the same with ctrls, global variables, etc. In my case it has resolved the problem. All in all it seems the problem is that if a project is created in earlier version (earlier than LV2014) of LV and simply open it in LV 2014 cause some compilation problems.

My PC uses LV 2014 and runs on Win10.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(403 Views)