LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga open FPGA VI reference

Solved!
Go to solution

Haven't you looked at the Open FPGA VI Ref dialog box?  You can configure it to refer to an FPGA VI instead of a bitfile.  This is usually a better choice, if you have the VI available, because it keeps the VI and the bitfile synchronized and it allows you to run and debug the FPGA VI in simulation.  However, it does mean the FPGA VI will try to recompile every time something in it changes.

I don't know what the difference is between an lvbit and an lvbitx file.  I have no idea if you can use a bitfile generated by a different version of LabVIEW than the one that opens it.  I also don't know if the bitfile is storing type definition information, but if it is, perhaps the reason that it's searching for your controls.  I'm going to assume that it was compiled on a different computer so perhaps even though you have a type definition of the same name in the project, the bitfile expects it to be at a different path, and there's no way to update it.  That's a guess.  You may have to wait for an NI employee to reply with a definitive answer.  However, usually when LabVIEW searches for a file, it tells you where it expects the type definition to be - is it in the same place?

Message 11 of 14
(895 Views)

Yes, I looked at the open FPGA VI ref dialog.  However, I didn't know what referring to a FPGA VI meaning in the dialog.  The search is always at the same place. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(889 Views)

Can you perhaps post a screenshot of the "Searching for VI" dialog box you see, or even better, can you attach your project?  If you can't post it publicly (reasonable), I'd see if you can send it to NI and ask them to take a look.

Message 13 of 14
(883 Views)

thanks!  I think you have given me the correct direction. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(881 Views)