From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga compile error expression has 93 elements expected 50

Hi,

I adapted the project found here http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11249/en/ to my need,i.e. a sbRIO 9636 instead of the sb9631. I renamed the I/O, FIFOs and changed the VI references in the subVIs manually. Apparently, everything is configured the same but my project does not compile and I get the error message "...expression has 93 elements expected 50..." cf. attached picture. I suspect a problem in the FIFO configuration but it is just a guess. Can you help me? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,123 Views)

Hmm...

I would start by forcing LabVIEW to recompile the entire FPGA VI hierarchy. Go to your top-level FPGA VI, and hold down <CTRL> + <SHIFT> while you press the run button. If that doesn't work, I would delete and recreate any FIFO/Memory/Register access nodes in the VI Hierarchy. I think you can find them using <CTRL> + <F>.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,113 Views)

recompiling did not work but recreating the FIFO access nodes helped. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,084 Views)

Hi,

I am facing the same issue but with a different hardware, sbRIO9606.

I tried with <CTRL> + <SHIFT> while I press the run button and delete and recreate any FIFO/Memory/Register access nodes.

But still I am getting the same error.

Its very difficult to trace the error as the error description does not point any location in the VI.

ANy help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Yogesh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,005 Views)