From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga buck converter control with data acquisition

I have a setup for a buck converter control scheme. I have one main issue and one side issue. The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is successful data acquisition. The setup I have currently is kind of hit or miss when I run my real-time program. The setup I have is also slowing down my loop execution speed by a ton. I believe one big issue is probably from using AI0 in both of my loops, one for my control algorithm, and the other for data acquisition. This leads to my second issue. I'm trying to make my loop execution speed as fast as possible to get accurate high frequency waveforms. Any tips on improving execution speed would be greatly appreciated. I will attach my FPGA and Real-Time code. I'm fairly new to LabVIEW FPGA so I apologize if I have some silly mistakes. Thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,227 Views)

Hi apashl01,

It seems you are attempting to read the same data from two loops in FPGA. I believe that this method is the best way to do so.

Also here are some design patterns that may be of use to you.

This resource may also be of use to you. It goes over High speed data acquisition.

And lastly, here is our getting started guide link which goes through aspects of FPGA programming.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,180 Views)

Thank you for the response FuMan, I'll check it out

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,165 Views)