LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force file path control to actually left justify path text

Solved!
Go to solution

I often find that the file paths displayed in file path controls are too long and become truncated. Problem is that the right side of the path gets truncated-  one can no longer tell what file has been selected.

I'd much prefer to left justify the path so that the left side of the path gets truncated and the file name is visible.

I bet there's no reasonable way to do this. Please prove me wrong.

Thanks in advance,

-root

Message Edited by Root Canal on 03-24-2009 05:49 PM

global variables make robots angry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,853 Views)

Sorry, can't prove you wrong.  I did try to do it as strings instead of paths, but that didn't help.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,848 Views)

Perhaps I should amend my request to allow for unreasonable solutions as well.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated. " - Poul Anderson (1926 - 2001)

-root

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,843 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Root_Canal

I just played around with the property "Text.ScrollPos". Just wire a high enough number to it and it will give you just what you want.

have fun

Guenther

Message 4 of 5
(2,817 Views)

Thanks Guenther! I notice on my machine that I have to set the key focus property to true as well to get it to work. I also noticed something comically silly in the help file for the "text.scrollpos" property- it says that I can wire a negative numeric value to the property in order to make the scroll box automatically scroll to the last "line" of text. But the input is represented as a U32 integer, which can't hold a negative value.Oh well, we can just use the value 4294967295 instead.

Thanks again Guenther. You've won the grand prize: A shiny, newly minted kudos!

-root

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,786 Views)