LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flow control or any ideas using labview

Msc engineering assignment ...i have to design and build a hardware for industrial control application..?

the industry can be aerospace, automotive, manufacturing,medical, domestic..etc
I need an idea pls help..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,055 Views)

Maybe get an engineering degree? Sorry if it sounds like a harsh reply but the question is extremely vague.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,051 Views)

How about a computer controlled hydroponic hothouse tomato factory?

EDIT:  I thought it was silly too Steve, but at least I tried! Smiley Tongue

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,046 Views)

So you are looking for ideas on what to design and not how to design it? That makes a big difference. If it is the latter then it is actually a good question.

A fun and easy project is a temperature control loop. You can use a 35mm film canister (can you still get those?) with a lightbulb and a thermocouple inside of it. Using a PWM signal to the lightbulb controlled by LabVIEW you can set the temperature inside of the canister.

Is that what you are asking? Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,038 Views)

I say we go after a time machine. I bet we could get a DeLoran real cheap and it would not take long to whip up a flux capacitor.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,026 Views)

@aeastet wrote:

I say we go after a time machine. I bet we could get a DeLoran real cheap and it would not take long to whip up a flux capacitor.

I got the flux capacitor but I'm afraid I don't know where to get a DeLorean.

cap.png

closeup.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,011 Views)

DeLoreans were made in Northern Ireland in the 70s.  Once we have a time machine we can go back and get one.

Message 7 of 10
(3,998 Views)

@yasmin wrote:

Msc engineering assignment ...i have to design and build a hardware for industrial control application..?

the industry can be aerospace, automotive, manufacturing,medical, domestic..etc
I need an idea pls help..

Ethernet Sniffer.

No hardware required beyond the PC. It will give you a chance to explore acquiring data from the network and formatting it for display. Optionally save the data to file for latter review. It may even give you a chance to spy on the person in the next dorm room and no flux capacitors or time machines required.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 10
(3,991 Views)

And the LabVIEW question here is?  Smiley Tongue

A whack-a-mole machine. A learning experience, and fun, too!

@aestat wrote:

alfa beat you to it

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,986 Views)

Deloreans are available now, flux capacitors ...

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,985 Views)