LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flexrio stream to disk

I am looking for an labview example  that shows how to acquire data with a strobe clock and streams the data to a file on the computer

How can I determine what the maximum clock rate is for the data clocked by the strobe signal?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,653 Views)

Tiger,

What type of flexRIO are you using?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "strobe clock"?

Daniel

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,622 Views)

Tiger,

To best help you, in addition I will also need the following information about your setup:

1.) Adapter Module

2.) FlexRIO

3.) Chassis

4.) Controller (Mxi or embedded)

In general, the max data rates you will see for a PXI FlexRIO is 100MB/s and PXIe is 700MB/s.  You can go faster, but those are good, safe numbers.

Daniel

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,600 Views)

NI PXIe-1082

NI PXIe-7962R

NI 6587

NI PXIe-PCIe8375

SMA-2164 with coax cable for loopback

I want to use the strobe input for clocking of receive data

Additionally would like to use the channel serdes and stream each data channel to separate files

I assume the the 700MB/S is per DMA stream(channel) or is it the total bandwidth for the instrument?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,576 Views)

Tiger,

Those values actually relate to the entire bandwidth of the device- not per channel.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,564 Views)

I imagine that the bandwith of the write speed of the instrument is actually limited by the hard drive

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,560 Views)

Tiger,

Possibly.  I guess you could think of the drive as the data sink side of the transmission.

You could design a system that buffered into RAM before writing to the drive if the drive was the limiting factor.

Daniel

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,548 Views)