LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixed voltage, x axis time, y axis current(or Resistance)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'd like to ask for help with Labview.

I'm using keithley 2450 and USB-GPIB.

The functions I want to implement are as follows. Fixed voltage values (voltage can be set as desired), time on the x-axis (start from 0 seconds, end from set time or number of data) Current (or resistance) on the y-axis. I want to store 1. time (data corresponding to the y-axis) and 2. current values (or resistance) in Excel at the end of each reading function (i.e., at the end of each loop).

If I press Start, I want to set the name of the file that will be saved to Excel, and if I press Stop, I want to save only the values for the loop right before. If you press Start again, I hope to make sure that I can save it as a new file again.

The functions above are difficult for beginners to implement? How many days will it take..?

The file I attached is Single read. I looked up other information and found that it can be implemented to some extent if I modify the attached file and loop.

But I'm such a beginner that it's very difficult to study. 😞
Any information is fine, so I'd appreciate it if you could give me some helpful advice. Thank you for reading...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dfwfaef

Hi dfw,

@dfwfaef wrote:

But I'm such a beginner that it's very difficult to study. 😞
Any information is fine, so I'd appreciate it if you could give me some helpful advice. Thank you for reading...

As you are a "such a beginner" I suggest you to take the "Training resources" as offered in the header of the LabVIEW board.

Basically the same suggestion as I already gave you yesterday!

@dfwfaef wrote:

The functions I want to implement are as follows. Fixed voltage values (voltage can be set as desired), time on the x-axis (start from 0 seconds, end from set time or number of data) Current (or resistance) on the y-axis. I want to store 1. time (data corresponding to the y-axis) and 2. current values (or resistance) in Excel at the end of each reading function (i.e., at the end of each loop).

If I press Start, I want to set the name of the file that will be saved to Excel, and if I press Stop, I want to save only the values for the loop right before. If you press Start again, I hope to make sure that I can save it as a new file again.

The functions above are difficult for beginners to implement? How many days will it take..?

Once you proceed with those "Training resources" it will be easy to implement all that stuff.

Hint: Basically you can use a state machine approach to execute one step after the other…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(764 Views)

Gerd W,

Thanks a lot for your advice!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(712 Views)