LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding default printer

I'm trying to programmatically find the default printer.  Any suggestions?  I know I need to use a property or a method, but not sure which one.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,494 Views)

The function Query Available Printers. Hint - use the search key on the function palette. Entering 'printer' returns this function. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,487 Views)

This is a follow up on what I posted yesterday.  What I want to do is to query the default printer and store it, set the default printer to what is set in the instrument configuration for repair ticket printer, print the repair ticket, and then set the default value back.

I have setting the default, and the printing aspect, this is the only one left.  it's not returning the correct value.  The list of printers is right, but not the default.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,480 Views)

I don't know what could be wrong. When I run it, it matches exactly what windows Devices and Printers shows.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,472 Views)

I figured it out.  I read the fine print and it said that Labview needed to be restarted.  I did and it worked.  I'm working on the driver to print it and will post it when done.

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,467 Views)