LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find all sub-vis

Hello,

I have developed a labview system over some period of time.  Because I normally saved a backup vi (e.g., test_v2.vi, etc) first before significantly modifying a vi, and also some vis are not used any more, there are more than enough vis in my directory.   I have one main vi -- all sub-vis are called from there.  Also, each sub vi may have its own sub vi.  My question is, how do I find out which vi is being used?  I hope to have a clean deploy.  Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,030 Views)
If you go to view->VI Hierarchy in your main vi, it will show you all subvi's contained within - this includes vi's you will not have written yourself (i.e. any express vi's used or DAQmx for example, have many subvi's themselves).

If there is a way to get ahold of all the user-written subvi's, and only those, I don't know it.

However, the VI Hierarchy will get you what you want, you may just have to pay careful attention.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,027 Views)

Novaton wrote

"If there is a way to get ahold of all the user-written subvi's, and only those, I don't know it."

Under LV 7.1 and previous, you can do a Save with options >>> Entire Hierarchy >>> preserve ...

See jpg

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 06-20-2006 12:59 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,023 Views)
Ben -

That will save only the user written vi's?  Thanks for the tip.

Geoff

Message Edited by Novatron on 06-20-2006 02:20 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,017 Views)

Yes sir!

Additional note:

If you have an application that dynamically loads VI's then a "Tree VI" (a dummy VI that contains the top level VI's) can be used with the above technique to pull out only the VI's that are still being used.

As always backup first, make sure the "remove diagram" is NOT set, and test on some practice code first.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,012 Views)
thanks --- that really helped!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,996 Views)