LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fft spectrum (mag-phase).vi: dependencies

Hello Ronny, Was there any difference with a new project from scratch? Which selection do you have in LabVIEW>Tools>Options>Paths>VI Search Paths? Can you search through Windows Explorer if there are duplicates of these VI's on you disk?
Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(599 Views)

Hello Thierry,

there is no difference when I start a new project from scratch. At the moment I insert the "FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase) VI", I get the same error.

Enclosed you'll see the VI Search Paths selections.

Kind regards,

Ronny 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(594 Views)

Hello Ronny,

Can you take a printscreen of the dependencies section of your LabVIEW project (project with new VI that only contains the VI mentioned in your previous post)?

It should contain 3 lvlibs: NI_AALPro.lvlib, NI_MAPro.lvlibn NI_MABase.lvlib and one dll)

Can you check from which location this lvlib's are being loaded?

Can you then also search via Windows for those specific lvlibs?

Do you find any duplicates?

I think that these lvlibs might have been copied to several of the used search paths.

It would also be a good idea to take a look in the VI Seach paths to check if you don't have duplicate lvlibs in some of the directories.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(580 Views)

Hello,

enclosed you'll find a screenshot of the empty project with the VI added. There are indeed 3 dependencies (as you specify: NI_AALPro.lvlib, NI_Mapro.lvlib and NI_MABase.lvlib) and one dll dependency

The screenshot will also show you the location of the lvlib's.

When I search those lvlib's within Windows, no duplicates are found.

I also included the search paths.

Kind regards,

Ronny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(571 Views)

Hello Ronny,

These are exactly the same locations as at my side.

I'm starting to think that there might be something wrong with the LabVIEW instillation itself.

If you're sure that you don't have any duplicate files or libs, then I would like you to try a repair of your LabVIEW.

Can you try this?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(564 Views)

Hello Thierry,

I also think there's a problem with my installation.

I had a chance to test my application on an other PC here at the company, and there everything works fine.

I tried doing a installation repair on my pc, that didn't work.

I think I will wait for the new Labview 2012 version coming out in August (I Hope), and I will do a complete re-install then.

I will keep you informed.

Kind regards,

Ronny C

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(544 Views)

Hello Ronny,

If the repair doesn't work, then you can always try an uninstall and reinstall afterwards.

Normally it should be coming out end of July or in the beginning of August. It's always around or just before NIWeek 🙂

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(541 Views)

Thierry,

problem solved! I did a complete uninstall of LV 2011 , and then I installed LV 2012.

With LV 2012, I no longer have the dependencies issues.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Ronny

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(529 Views)

Hello Ronny,

Thanks for the feedback!

It still remains a special issue.

Maybe something went wrong with the 2011 installation.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(527 Views)