extracting an array of one cluster element from an array of clusters

Solved!
Go to solution

extract an array of one cluster element.png

Is there an easier way?  Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

No

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 8
(5,290 Views)

Not even a "Reply hazy try again", huh?  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,284 Views)

With 2017's type parsing palette it is theoretically possible to get array data and check that it has a type of "Cluster".  And script out the vi's that get arrays of each single element.  I wouldn't call that "Easier"

Message 4 of 8
(5,266 Views)

You might be interested in this idea: Why is there no function to reverse "Index & Bundle Cluster Array

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 8
(5,224 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

You might be interested in this idea: Why is there no function to reverse "Index & Bundle Cluster Array

That is pretty much exactly what I was asking about.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,205 Views)

Or using a VIM (2017) this would be possible, but you'd probably have to make a new VIM for each index in the cluster to pull out.  Like a "Get Element 1 in Cluster.vim" "Get Element 2 in Cluster.vim" and then that would work changing the outputs based on the cluster type wired.

VIM Snippet.png

Also as mentioned in the idea exchange there is an XNode that does this over on LAVA.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,160 Views)

Hang tight.  I may have missed a "outlook hazy try again later" response.  But I stand by the NO for now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,134 Views)