LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract values from waveform chart

hello guys i am just new at programming with labview and i want to know how to extract values from my signal that is display on my waveform chart or how to put values at least in an array 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,607 Views)

Have you looked at any of the LabVIEW Tutorials?  Have you looked at the functions on the Array Palette?  If you see an "interesting" function, put it on a Block Diagram, right-click it, and choose "Help" to read a detailed description of what it does.

Another useful way to teach yourself (or "learn by yourself") LabVIEW is to use the Web.  Doing a search for "Waveform LabVIEW" will turn up all kinds of useful information.

LabVIEW stands for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench.  Do you know the concept of a Workbench?  You assemble a few component (into a Circuit, or into a little Block Diagram), then "try it out" and see if it does what you hope.  Start small, test often.  This is very easy to do with LabVIEW, and if you take this approach and do it yourself, you will not only learn LabVIEW quickly, you should have fun doing so.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,598 Views)

If you right click on a chart and use Create Property Node, search through the list and you'll find one for Chart History.  That will give you an array of all the data points the chart as.

Message 3 of 6
(4,573 Views)

Whenever you send a point to a chart, also append it to an array in a shift register. A chart only holds a limited amount of history data so keeping track of all data independently is probably a good idea.

Of course your question is not very clear because charts accept a vast number of different datatypes (scalars, clusters, arrays, waveforms, dynamic, etc. etc), so unless you attach your code, our suggestions can only be very generic.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,571 Views)

i have a signal that i am going to read through labview in real time and want to regester the values in an array so that can use them later 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,528 Views)

@imene1995 wrote:

i have a signal that i am going to read through labview in real time and want to regester the values in an array so that can use them later 

Sounds like a good idea.  If you know LabVIEW, design it well (before you start coding).  If you do not know LabVIEW, spend a few hours (days?) studying the numerous Tutorial Material (see first page of this Forum).  A Word to the Wise -- neatness counts (keep your wires straight and horizontal).  If asking for help, attach your VI (no pictures, please).  Try to keep your code "compact" -- it should fit on a laptop screen.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,525 Views)