cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract data from text file to plot graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

In the attached data file, I would like to extract the %Freq (real) column and then be able to plot on a graph of %Freq vs the other colums (i.e %Freq vs Amp, or %Freq vs Test1...).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

hiNi. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,114 Views)

You need to decide if you want your data as strings or as numbers.  You can't have both with the convert spreadsheet string to array  function.  Then, you need to parse your result string to separate out the data you want to put in your array. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,096 Views)

How do I parse out the required data as numbers?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,093 Views)

If the contents of the 'String' indicator are what you are getting from the missing subVI, then you are already getting the data as numbers. Your Index Array function is incorrect if you want to get column 0. You are reading row 0. Wire a 0 to the 'column' input or use an Array Subset function.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,082 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

hiNI,

There are many questions to ask, but to answer your immediate question "How do I parwse out the required data as numbers? (see attached png)

1. Read from Spreadsheet

2. Array Subset with an index of 19

This should give you your number values for all of your X and Y values needed.

Chazzzmd

Message 5 of 8
(5,077 Views)

I have added some code to your application that shows you how.  For some reason, I'm having trouble posting the code.  Give me your email and I will send it direct.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,060 Views)

please send the code to me also, it would be a great help

primeintel@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,891 Views)

Could I get this file as well? kyles@rpi.edu 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,798 Views)