LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract a signal portion

Hi,
I am new to Labview and trying to extract a portion of a signal. I can display the analog signal catured by an A-D card (Signal A)connected to PCI slot. I can capture another signal from the parallel port (Signal B) which I want to use for timing. Its a digital signal with two levels. I want to capture a portions from Signal A based on the time duration from Signal B and store them in a 2-D array or a matrix, so that I can use it as an image for further processing.

1. how to implement a counter to count number of pulses from signal A? I can convert it for boolian output if necessary.
2.how can I use that counter to extract portions from Signal B?
eg;  extract signal from pulse 1 to 10 and store them in a first row of 2-D array
extract pulse 21 to 30 and store them in the second row of the same array and so on.

Or is there any other way to cordinate these two signals so that I can save the reqiured samples from signal A to a 2-d array?

A to D card is not from NI and I cannot use DAQ blocks.

Any help would be highly appreciated. If you can provide VI block diagrams it would be better as I am not that familiar with Labview. This is my first application in Labview.
Thanks and regards,
Ravi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,134 Views)