From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external trigger pci 6132

Hello,

My problem is as follow: I want to use externall trigger in order to output digital signal using pci 6132. I want to control on the type of the output waveform and on the time difference between the external trigger and the output digital signal.

i foud this example 200042.vi which wait for analoge trigger in order to initiate analoge signal reading.

I tried to modify it so it will wait for digital trigger and then generate digital signal (200042-modify) but i get error -200452 all the time.

any idea?

thanks

etay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,204 Views)

Hello etay,

Can you tell me what is the possible reason that the error is giving you? I can't run the modified VI because it's searching for a create waveform.vi.

thanks,

Miriam
Field Applications Engineer
NI Colombia
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,195 Views)

Hello Miriam,

thanks for your reply 🙂

just to elaborate a bit. I have a laser and some other instrument. i want to trigger the instrument abuot 100ms after the laser.

so the basic idea is to use the laser to trigger the pci 6132 card then wait 100 ms and then the pci card will give the pulse to my instrument.

i attached the creat wavform vi which is basically sub vi which creat the pulse for my instrument.

thanks alot for your help,

Etay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,187 Views)

Hey Etay,

The problem appears to be that the device you are using does not support triggering with digital output.  You can see this on page 12-1 (or p. 95 of the pdf) of the device manual.  Bellow please find the link to the device manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370781h.pdf

Your card does support triggered analogue output.  Would this work for your application?

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,165 Views)