LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting data to excel

could it have something to do with the chart history length? I just checked on the front panel and it's 1024...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(330 Views)

That is the normal default value.  It wouldn't cause a large block diagram memory footprint.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(329 Views)

I found that when I increased the chart history length to 10240, I am able to export data to excel, however the data is largely the same and does not change within the resolution. Perhaps I'm sampling too much data?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(326 Views)

That doesn't make sense.

Your loop is running at 1 kHz.  So you should have the chart history filled up in 1 second (with 1024 history).

If you can increase your data to 10240 and export it, there is no reason that you shoudn't be able to export 1024 points.

And whatever data you have in your chart should look the same once it gets to Excel.

I would suggest you step back.  Work with a new, basic VI with simulated data and a waveform chart and make sure that exports okay for you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(323 Views)

oh, I was thinking that there wasn't enough room for my data. Because I'm sampling at 1 kHz and I need at least around 6-10 seconds of the data...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(320 Views)