LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel headers and timestamp required

Hi I am working on labview 7 express and using a fieldpoint device to get signals.

I am using the express vi. write file to spreadsheet at the moment and I was wondering How I could go about:

1) Adding headers to each of the columns

2) Have a separate section with a timestamp on it.

I know that I can't do alot of things using this express vi. so I was wondering how I can go about doing this using sub vi's.

Could you please attach image files instead of the actual Vi's because version 7 doesnt open up anything higher than 7.

Kind regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,979 Views)

What I would suggest is that you follow the instructions on the block diagram to make a copy of the function that accepts string arrays as inputs. Then you convert all of your data to strings. You can call the function twice - once for writing the header and again for the data if you repeatedly write data,

p.s. Write To Spreadsheet File is not an Express VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,974 Views)

Hello Mr Knutson could you perhaps show me how to do this? via an image file I am still quite lost.

Kind regards,

Attached is my VI for your reference. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,969 Views)

Hi scho,

Do you have report generation toolkit?

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,967 Views)

sorry no Labview 7 doesnt come with it I think.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,965 Views)

@scho wrote:

Hello Mr Knutson could you perhaps show me how to do this? via an image file I am still quite lost.

Kind regards,

Attached is my VI for your reference. 

You are using the Write to Measurement File (which is an Express VI) and not the Write to Spreadsheet File (which is not). I would suggest the later with the modification I mentioned. Otherwise, you can modify the channel name attribute to get headers of your choice. There have been numerous posts on the subject such as this one

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,952 Views)

Hey,

You are using the express VI for LVM writing .. below figure explain about header and time stamp setting..

BR, HS

LVM.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,938 Views)

Hi scho,

See the folder attached with this post.

You will find image of code in which I have shown how to fill excel cells(image "2")...

Also Images 1 7 3 will show you how to get references.

I have also attaches vi. It is in Labview 8.5

If you want you can downconvert it from some one. I can not do it in labview 7

I hope this will help you.

Best of luckSmiley Happy

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,925 Views)

I think I replied to this Q in another thread... but here is the vi I use all the time.

Simply feed it a single dimension array containing the measurements for each line in the Excel file, if you don't wire the time stamp input it add it's own.

BTW: Unless you are trying to do something fancy an "Excel file" can be as simple as a text file with commas as the delimiter (.csv) or tabs (default .xls)

As for headers you simply write the headers to the Excel file before you start your acquisition loop

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,906 Views)

Hello gak thank you for your patience...

What you have shown me in your images is no good for me because I dont have excel application for some reason.

Is there an alternative method of doing this?

Kind regards,

Scho

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,834 Views)