LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exaprom pdf in deployed application

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that I am using Exaprom PDF in.  On my development PC it works great.  On the target PC it doesn't print (no error either).  On the target PC it saves the PDF to the desired folder, and when I open it with Adobe and select print, it does (networked printer set as default).  Are there drivers other than itextsharp.dll that need to be included in the build?

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,462 Views)

No, the only thing you have to add to your build is itextsharp.dll.  Can you print the PDF report  on an another PC?

Message 2 of 18
(3,443 Views)

I have only tried it from my development PC and the intended deployment PC.  My companies strict IT  policies and small (1 person) onsite staff make it difficult to install on another PC.  If I don't get any ideas I may try to get my application installed on another PC to try it.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,421 Views)

Hi Jim,

Are you using a network printer on the development machine?

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,375 Views)

Hi Andy,

I didn't reply last August because priorities changed.  Now they need it again.  I have now installed my VI on another PC, and am now getting an error on them both.  As you can see in the attached pic, the error suggests there is an illegal character in the path, but by looking at the path above the error there obviously is not.  Also, my VI successfully saves the PDF immediately before trying to print it.  I also have tried wiring in the file path straight from the control that gives the path to "New PDF.vi" as well as unbundling it from the "PDF Report" cluster myself.  Both PCs are running XP SP3 and LVRT 2013. The new PC is trying to print to the same networked printer as my development machine, which is a different printer than the one the floor machine is printing to.  The network printer is set as the default for both.  I still have no problem printing if I right click on the PDF in windows explorer.

Jim

LV 2020
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,292 Views)

Just per curiosity,  did you try with a delay between "Close PDF.vi" and "Print PDF.vi"?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,273 Views)

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thanks for asking.  Yes I originally was giving the print vi the address from the control, and I thought a delay between saving and printing might help.  I tried a delay - no joy.  Then I switched to getting the address from the save VI.  Thinking about it I might try a longer delay tomorrow.  I think I only tried a 1 sec. delay.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,249 Views)

I tried a 10sec delay, and still the same error.  I have attached my VI in case I missed something.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,223 Views)

Could you save in LV2010?  I will take a look at the end of the day.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,214 Views)

I hope this works.  I don't have 2010 to test it with.

Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,204 Views)