From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event

Can someone help me out a little new with LabVIEW. I use an event case to control a tab control in the event case I have Booleans when valve change it change to the page it works but now the stop button has stop working. It all in a while loop. Delete the event and the stop will stop 1.PNGwork.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,560 Views)

The event structure will essentially block execution until it receives an event which it can process (I am including a timeout as an event). If you you add an indicator to view the iteration count of the while loop you will see that it will increase by one every time you trigger an event.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,548 Views)

hi there,

i attached a little example vi, i hope that helps you.

i would recommend you to go through the tutorials pinned at the top of the labview forum. also a good way is to read the context help (ctrl+h  and hovering over things) and then the extended help.

for many things you find good examples directly in labview (Help -> Find Examples),

for this though i didn't find one, so i made one

regards

<edit> also there are some caveats with the latch/switch settings of buttons,

try to delete and create the stop button, and have a look at the behaviour/error </edit>

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,514 Views)

The simple answer is to make a Stop button event case and put the terminal for said stop button inside of it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,496 Views)

That doesn't appear to be a standard design pattern. Normally the event structure would be in its own while loop, and then it controls things in the main loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,471 Views)

Thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,427 Views)