From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structures and property nodes

I have a program in which i am tracing data off of a spectrum analyzer over a gpib connection. I would like to be able to click a button then make a larger graph of the one that is displayed on the front panel open up. Then take control of the spectrum analyzer by allowing me to enter information such as  the center frequency, start frequency, and stop frequency only on the larger graph then close the larger graph and update the frequency change i made on the smaller one. I know i need an event structure inorder to do this as well as a property node but i am not familar in how to use property nodes. Can any one help or have a similar example for me to look at?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,387 Views)

THis may be a bit advanced but in reply #18 of this thread I posted a zip of code that allows undocking of a GUI region to allow for re-sizing.

If you implement the setting in one Action Engine and the readings in another...

You should be able to get where it sounds like you want to go.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,371 Views)
Although you would most likely use event structures and property nodes for this kind of of application you don't actually need them.  Is there a reason you're focusing your question on these particular structures?  If so, just look at some of the shipping examples for them  (Help > Find Examples...).  If you don't already have code written to communicate with your DSA be sure to search for drivers before you re-invent the wheel.
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)
Thanks Ben. And for the second comment No there isnt any reason if there is another way i would like to know. That is just the only way i knew  of  that it could be done. Someone suggested that i look at events structures and property nodes yesterday.  Yes i already have code  to trace the data in over the gpib. in the even structure i was able to use the change value  buttons inorder to switch the trace from one graph to another. But what i cant do is make one invisible until a Execute button is pressed which should then pull up a larger graph that would allow me to enter in data of my choice such as center freq. and start / stop freq.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)