From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure

while am using event structure triggered by a boolean push button during running the program when i press the button the whole execution will stop 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,851 Views)

@Nardimes wrote:

while am using event structure triggered by a boolean push button during running the program when i press the button the whole execution will stop 

So?  What's the problem?  It is doing what you told it to do.  Did you want it to do something else?  What?

If you refuse to show us what you did (by attaching the VI, not a picture of the VI), then spending some time with the LabVIEW Tutorials listed on the first page of this Forum should teach you enough to enable you to "Fix it yourself".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,816 Views)

@Nardimes wrote:

This is not sufficient information to troubleshoot. Can you attach a simplified version of your VI?

(Typically, symptoms like this is caused by poor architecture due to misunderstandings how dataflow works. One guess would be an event structure unreachable by dataflow (buried inside a case structure, buried inside an sequence frame that has already passed, etc.. Events lock the front panel (by default) until the event completes so if the event structure cannot be reached or cannot complete, you get a permanent UI lockup.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,776 Views)

My guess is on an infinite loop inside the event and 'Lock front panel' as event setting.

Or it's on row 43 of the code.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,761 Views)