LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure - vi execution

For example i have attached screen shots of the 1st and 2nd event.

DO I also need to wire the tunnels of the shift registers which are getting data from the VI specific to that event?

DOes that make sense?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(377 Views)

Thanks. That makes sense. I like to know the reason why I need to do something!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(375 Views)

Those two events looks fine.

Of course you aren't going to wire from one shift register to the other if your plan for that event is to change the data being stored into the shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(374 Views)

Thought so just wanted to check. Smiley Embarassed

In the second event attached, I am still having the problem that whatever was in each of the controls when the vi opens be it 0's or actual values they are what is passed on rather than what the user inputs for that particular participant. DO u have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(371 Views)

Hi

coudl you remove 'Use default if unwired' selection for ALL the wires that pass through the event structure?

initialize ALL your shift registers with empty arrays/strings

then wire all shift registers through the event structure, irrespective of that data being used in the event or not.

the terminals on the event structure still show the 'use defualt if unwired' selected.

also, how many event cases do you have? do you have event cases for all the boolean controls?

Is it possible to post the vi (in lv 2010 or lower) and not the document? we can try it out here and see what could be the solution.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(359 Views)