LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error with -63193 peer to per communication ith LabVIEW FPGA

Hi, I’d like to ask for some help with peer to peer streaming. I have to stream data between two FPGA cards and whatever I tried, I always get error (-63193) when I try to invoke the P2P writer or reader in my host VI. There is no error after the openinig the FPGA vi references.

The configuration is:

PXIE 1082 chassis

PXIE 8821 controller that runs WIN10

Two 7975R FPGA modules. (From this aspect, it is not important, but both has a 5782 module)

The host VI runs on an external PC. Other functions such as signal generation, data acquisition, triggering…work perfect.

LabVIEW version: 2018 with latest drivers.

I’ve prepared and attached a very simple dummy project.

Can anyone help me to make P2P streaming work?

Certified LabVIEW Developer, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,308 Views)

Have you tried the shipping example:

\examples\FlexRIO\Peer To Peer\Peer to Peer - Basic

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,280 Views)

Thanks for the advice. I've studied that example, and noticed that my code was basically the same. (Except of some synchronization.) And with that I had the same error.

But, there was one significant difference: In the sample code, the host is the PXI controller, and the host VI runs on that. In my code, the host was a remote PC, and so, the host vi also was a remote one (something like connecting the FPGA of a cRIO directly from a PC neglecting the RT CPU.)

So my final idea was installing LabVIEW on the PXI controller and this way, moving the host vi there too. And it worked 🙂

So, the lesson that was learnt: in PXIe systems the peer to peer communication does not work if the host vi is on a remote PC. I'll make the code look a bit nicer and upload it soon.

Certified LabVIEW Developer, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
Message 3 of 4
(2,269 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the information!

Could you please help post your code on the page? I also met with -63193 error in PXI RT host. Do you know P2P is supported on RT OS?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,046 Views)