LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when running the NI Visa labview example for HDL-64

Hi guys,

I have got this error when i run the labview. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,328 Views)

Seriously? Where did you get Velodyne HDL-64E S2.lvlib?  How are you using it? How are you connected? Did you read the manual?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,317 Views)

I have got this sample code of the HDL-64 which i'm trying to customize to make it work with the velodyne 16 channels  sensor which i have.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,313 Views)

@elah12 wrote:

I have got this sample code of the HDL-64 which i'm trying to customize to make it work with the velodyne 16 channels  sensor which i have.

You missed the link.  And, what ever gave you reason to think that the same code would work for the other device?  Serious question since I can't see the source or the product documentation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,307 Views)

The same code obviously won't work as the sensors have different requirements. however i was wondering knowing the sensor requirement for the VLP-16 i thought i could see how can that source code be adaptable to my need and was wondering if some one has an idea on how to go about it or has done similar as now still novice in labview as well

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,298 Views)

@elah12 wrote:

The same code obviously won't work as the sensors have different requirements. however i was wondering knowing the sensor requirement for the VLP-16 i thought i could see how can that source code be adaptable to my need and was wondering if some one has an idea on how to go about it or has done similar as now still novice in labview as well

Not without a link to the manual and the existing code 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,291 Views)

Hi all, 

I'm new in Labview and started working on velodyne lidar sensor. Im trying to do a requirement analysis of this sensor. My question is : Is there something done on VLP -16 with labview. I have seen the NI visa example of velodyne HDL-64 and was wondering how can it be customize to the 16 channels however an error keep rising that i need to the sensor it but even when doing so it show a tcp error which i have not figured out. 

the sample i'm using and trying to adapt to VLP16 is this : http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=761147DDA1E02BC0E04400144FB7D2...

and I have going the error showed.

Has anyone done anything on VLP 16.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,271 Views)

Hi elah,

please stick with your thread (as long as you don't change the topic)!

I merged your new question into your older thread…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,261 Views)

Hello 

i'm new to labview and i just got it installed. I'm trying to connect to VLP-16 but i dont see any sample code or design that i can use for this! 

Anyone can help with this? Can someone provide a sample code for Velodyne 16-channel LiDAR to be implemented and visualize in labview? 

Thanks,

ismail 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,542 Views)