LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when duplicating heirarchy of VI that uses NI_LVConfig.lvlib

I am using labview 2010 SP1 and keep getting an invalid input error when trying to Save As-Duplicate Hierarchy any VI that contains any part of the NI_LVConfig.lvlib.  I have tried and found this problem using windows 7 and 8 and it seems to be independant of the save as location (C drive, network drive, desktop, etc.)

Is there a known update or root cause for this?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,065 Views)

Hi mbaycura,

I tried running the code you posted and was unable to replicate the issue on Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2010 SP1. Could you please post more details about the error message? Are you administrator of the account you're using? Are there any other files in the project that you did not include in your post? Is there another PC you can try with duplicating the hierarchy? Let me know and I'll try my best to help further troubleshoot this issue.

Regards

Doug W

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,030 Views)

I've done some more investigation on different computers, and have found that the error pops up only when i try to save As-duplicate heirarchy from a VI containing the NI_LVConfig.lvlib that resides on my office network server location to somewhere else.  If i copy the VI that i posted here to my harddrive then Save As-DupHeir it works.  I don't have another network to try to narrow it down much further as to what about my network or network path might be leading to the problem.  Here is a jpg of the error i get.

error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,993 Views)

Hi mbaycura,

It sounds like there is a permissions issue with the NI_LVConfig.lvlib file on your network. I found this link for changing file permissions in windows 8 http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/take-ownership-of-files-folder-and-change-permissions-in-w... . Let me know if you need any other assistance with this issue

Regards 

Doug W

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,979 Views)